Monday, November 3, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes!

Ty and Lily woke up super early this morning due to Daylight Savings so we flipped on the TV in our room to whatever was playing on CBS that seemed appropriate for kids. We usually watch Noggin or PBS which don't have commercials. Ty was fascinated with the kid oriented TV commercials since he doesn't seem them very much. One of the things they were trying to sell was a Mommy and Me DVD that can be used in playgroups...it has music, games, activities, etc. So Ty turns to me and says, "Mommy you can stay home with me and we can have the 'Mommy and Me Experience' all day long!" I quickly reminded him that would mean that he would have to stay home from school and we all agreed that we had plenty of the "Mommy and Me Experience" everyday after school!

Seriously, word for word, the "Mommy and Me Experience"? Kids are total sponges...

Ty even used the word FEIGN today. He told us that Lily was feigning something. I thought he said FAINT so I asked him what it meant...impressed that he knew what fainting was. He said "No, FEIGN, like pretending to be something that you're not". Really, feign? I don't use that word on a regular (or even infrequent) basis. Wow.

He continues to amaze me on a daily basis. This parenting thing is pretty awesome some days. Watching them grow and learn and absorb it all...it's fascinating and oh so rewarding! I am going to put on my "I love parenting" shirt now...

No comments: